French dwarf vine is a new variety that has both an ornamental effect and is a popular fruit tree. Growing French grapes helps you increase greenery for the house, create landscape. Depending on the purpose of planting, we have the right choice from the variety to the planting method. Here we will introduce to you the techniques of growing grapes
French dwarf Vines are favored by many families & people with gardening habit because you can plant this plant as an ornamental as well as for fruit.
Unlike traditional grape varieties that take about 3 years to bear fruit and harvest, this variety belongs to the F1 line and only takes a few months to bear fruit. The feature of this French grape this that the low tree, and bunch of grapes is plentiful
Dwarf grapes are easy to take care of, less susceptible to pests and diseases, and plants can grow fast even in different climatic conditions.
French dwarf grapes yield very high, the productivity can be from 40 to 50 tons / hectare. If grown with good techniques, soil conditions, good fertilization; productivity can reach 80 tons / hectare.
You can grow French dwarf grapes in the garden or in pots. If you plant for ornamental purposes, you can choose to plant in a planting trays or pots, then bend the plant in different shape as your preference. The height of the tree is only from 30 to 40 cm
How to grow Dwarf Vines from seeds?
Sowing temperature: 18-25 degrees C
Growth temperature: 15-30 degrees C
Instructions for planting and care:
– Processing seeds: Before sowing, soak seeds, also known as seed treatment. Treat the seeds by soaking them in warm water for about 24 hours, then blot them with a cloth or spray them and wrap the seeds. Put the tissue package in nylon wrap, wrap the mouth and place it in the refrigerator in the vegetable drawer. Leave it for 3 months.
– After 3 months, seeds will be planted. Place the soil in the pot and sow the seeds directly onto the soil. Then spread a layer of light soil on top and water to create moisture for the soil to help seeds grow quickly.
– Suitable soil type is sandy meat, pH = 5.5-7.5; Soil is high, well drained.
– Or you can use quality soil to plant which is also great for great growth.
50pcs Grape Seeds Bonsai Fruit Black Grape Seeds Dwarf Grapes Tree
1 x Grape Vitis Bianca – Ready to Plant in 9cm Pot – for UK Climates Grape Vine
With legal grapes you should provide adequate water for the plant to grow.
– When it is sunny, watering every 4-5 days, when it rains, water less. Try to drain the water during the rainy season, so that the new plant won’t get flooded.
Prepare Planting shelves or pots:
– When the vine is 25-30 cm tall, plug and tie the vine to the gable.
– Should make a truss, should arrange the truss surface to create a space.
– Basically, make the vines as ventilated as possible.
-You can plant the vines in pots with easy with simple pots & soil
– When the tree is 7 – 8 months old, it will progress to fertilize.
– After the next 2 months, fertilizer will be applied again.
– Creating branches level 1, level 2: When the vine has branches beyond the truss 30-40 cm can proceed to press the tops to create level 1 branches.
– It is best to choose to keep 2 – 3 strong level 1 branches. Create level 2 branches when the first branch is about 120cm long, press the top of level 1 to leave 40 cm.
French vine are often attacked by leaf-eating worms.
– Currently, there are many special pesticides such as: Aztron, Dipel, NPV, Seba … you should rely on the situation of the tree to have appropriate special treatment.
– The right time to harvest is early in the morning or in the afternoon.
– The right time to grow of the breed from 100 to 115 days, depending on the season.
Ok, hope you have a good vine at home & enjoy the meaning time with it!
There’re so may other Uk vine, and with the same planting guide for it. Just pick one to have your gardening with new view.