Are you aware of the increasing lungs related diseases in humans? The reason behind it is increasing pollution. As you know about natural resources like fossil fuels reducing in nature, the shift from internal combustion engines to electric vehicles is a must. Emissions produced by electric scooters are completely nil, resulting in a clean environment.
The demand for electric scooters has increased subsequently due to improvement in technology. Moreover, the benefits provided by it are immense.
Benefits of electric scooter
● Eco-friendly: The motor is operated by a chain system that ensures no noise. Due to the same chain system, no smoke is emitted.
● Nominal cost: You may find other action-sports vehicles quite expensive, but this is something you can easily afford when looking for value for money products.
● Smooth in dragging: Its design ensures the smooth experience for users due to the presence of inflatable tires, rear brake, motor, and hand-operated control of tires acceleration.
● Assembling is easy: If you are a layman, then no need to worry because it comes with a manual using which you can assemble in just 15 minutes.
● Easily portable: It is not heavy so that you can zip it around on a sidewalk. As it requires only a small space, so you can park it anywhere.
● Safety: It is the foremost thing that parents look for. You can rest assured of complete safety due to hand-operated acceleration control, rear brake, and sometimes backlight.
● Easier maintenance: It is durable due to easy design. Only handlebars, brakes, and deck need to be maintained. Some scooters come with pneumatic front tires to minimize the chance of flat tires.
● Time-saving: In big cities where traffic is everywhere, this scooter can help you save a lot of time. Due to its sleek design and portability, you can get anywhere from between the traffic. You don’t need to wait at gas stations or petrol pumps as they need a small measurable time to charge the battery, and you are ready to go.
● Comfortable: It is designed in such a way that an average size person can easily hold it without bending, as it has enough height of the frame. At the same time, few models have seats to ride while sitting.
Buying guide for a suitable product
Are you thinking of purchasing a new electric scooter? But wait, do you know the things to look upon while buying a new electric scooter? Don’t worry. If you don’t know the factors to consider while buying, here are a few mentioned below.
● Battery: How would it feel to plug-in your scooter again and again, especially when you are in a hurry? Nobody likes a battery that discharges quickly, so you have to remind yourself every night to recharge it. A more extended battery range means you can go from one point to another without searching for a charger point at every break.
● For a smooth journey, you must choose a scooter with a range of 20-30 Km that can run for 15 miles before charging it again.
● Portability: Any electric scooter’s portability can be measured with the degree of easiness in holding and carrying it. It should be light in weight to be carried with you in need and compact enough to be stored in a trunk or under the desk.
● The estimated dimensions of electric scooter for better portability is expected to be 113*46*50 cm. This is a suitable size for most electric scooters that can go anywhere and everywhere with you.
● Brakes: An electric scooter having a motor power of 250 Watts provides a smooth run for flat surfaces and small brakes. But if you are going on steeper hills, it is suggested to choose the electric scooter of motor power 300 Watts.
● Wheel: Tyres are of two types: solid rubber(air-less) and pneumatic(air-filled).
Both have different merits and demerits. Pneumatic electric scooters have good properties of shock absorption and handling, but in this case, there are more chances of punctures, and maintenance is required.
● In the case of air-less tires, though they need null maintenance, they are less smooth in riding due to more bumps and vibrations.
● For air-filled tires, ensure there is correct tire pressure because it is a must for braking, grip, and safety. If it is not inflated correctly, there are chances of reduced battery range speed and exhaustion.
To protect your tires from getting punctured, it is advised to purchase puncture-protection fluid and apply it before riding.
● Weight: A good scooter will be the one that can easily be carried by the user in need. Though the weight to be carried depends upon the user, it is suggested to choose between 11kg – 12.5 kg. Weight above 13 kg is challenging to be carried in the long run.
● Speed: The speed range for any electric scooter is 12-15 mph. When compared to a car, you may find 15 mph less. But for scooters, 15 mph is more than enough.
Best electric scooter reviews
The first confusion that arises while thinking of purchasing anything is “what will fit in our needs.” Among all the available varieties, we look for the one with all the factors mentioned above at an affordable rate.
So, we have mentioned the real-time reviews for a few best scooters that will resolve your confusion by making it easier for you to choose.
WeSkate adult scooter
Are you looking for an electric scooter for daily use? Then, this choice can never go wrong as it comes with an easy-to-fold mechanism that makes it suitable to handle, store, and transport. It can be folded and carried in just a few seconds.
If you live in a rush city, it assures a smooth ride due to the dual suspension system. A combination of wheel size 200mm and front and rear shock-absorbing system reduces the vibrations and bumps, making the ride smoother.
If you have more than one kid in your home, then this can be used by each of them due to the adjustable handlebars made with rubber for comfortable hand grips. You get three ranges of heights between 90 to 100 centimeters that can be adjusted with your kid’s comfort.
As for kids, safety is prior. So, it comes with anti-rust paint on rear brakes to give it a quick, secure stop in an emergency. Pedals are made of aluminum for the same purpose.
Kugoo electric scooter
The main advantage that you get from this scooter is a good battery. It has a large enough battery to allow you the short trips for 3-4 miles a day with the need for recharging only once in three days.
The tires are pneumatic tires giving your ride a smoother touch with no jerks or bumps. But be aware of the punctures. Experience a jerk-free ride with this scooter even on bumpy roads. A high speed of 30km/hr and 350 W of the motor is its key feature.
There are three ranges for both speed and heights. You can adjust the speed according to the traffic on the road and height according to your comfort. If you are looking for a scooter for your kids, then even it will suit your height easily.
The width of the deck is large enough to allow you different standing positions. The scooter’s body is made of aluminum alloy, making it lighter to be carried away easily, even in your car trunk. Complete focus is given to safety by providing front and rear shock-absorbers and disc brakes.
Kugoo M4 electric scooter
The attractive feature you may find different from a few others is the presence of an LCD screen. This allows you to see various information on the screen like speed, mileage, power, voltage, time, stop, etc.
To give you an excellent ride experience even at night, this scooter comes with front LED indicator light and tail lights for safety warning. The bright red ensures you get a sufficient amount of light to see correctly at night.
You get three different modes of speed adjustable according to the surface of the road. You need to press the key to change it, making it easier and comfortable for you while riding. There are two sets of the key. One is to activate the device while another is to activate all other components of the device.
500 W power makes it quick to reach your destination. Pneumatic and anti-skid tires ensure a firm grip for a safe journey. You get a dual shock mitigation system with a disc brake on both front and rear brakes for proper safety.
Freego electric scooter
You can fold this scooter in just a second. That is a good thing for lazy persons who find it hard to fold and unfold it repeatedly when in need. It is due to the fact of the easy folding system that allows you to handle it one-handedly.
A 350 W motor gives stable and robust power so that you can go even on steeper roads. So, if you are willing to go on steeper roads, then this will be a great choice. A large lithium battery gives you a higher speed and longer range.
The 3-speed ranges are available that are 15km/hr(minimum speed), 20km/hr, and 25 km/hr(maximum speed). You can choose your desired speed according to the traffic in your area and local laws.
Something unique about this is that you get a built-in USB port and app control. You can connect it with Bluetooth on your phone and access to the headlight, ride state, cruise, and other parameters on your fingertips.
Magicelec electric scooter
If your kids are naughty enough to fall from the scooter, this scooter will attract you because it has a wider foot pedal for larger foot support. The added pros are that it is anti-slippery, perfect for your naughty kids.
You get an LED display to see all the necessary information of the scooter on the screen to ride without worry. Dual headlights ensure sufficient light to see properly even at night.
When compared to others, the performance is better in terms of speed, battery, and mileage. You get three ranges of speed 15km/hr, 20 km/hr, 25km/hr that can be adjusted according to the surrounding. Mileage is 25km/hr(depending upon the road and weight of the rider). This ensures that you can go for a ride even on 15% steep roads.
Tires are of good quality with no safety issues, explosion-proof, wear-resistant, and safe. The front electronic brake and rear disc brake ensures superior shock absorption effect.
You can download the “KUGOO” app available on both play store and IOS and connect it via Bluetooth with your scooter. Through this, you can see all the information like active cruise control and all other riding statistics.
Auvstar electric scooter
It is exclusively designed for adults and teenagers though persons of any age can use it. As youngsters, these days are always in a hurry, so the braking system is made quite different. You will find a dual method for braking that combines the physical braking on the rear wheels with the electromagnetic braking on the front wheels, ensuring more safety.
The installation is effortless. You need to put the lower part of the car handle in the tube and tightly fix the four screws. The battery already comes half-filled, so experience your first trial as soon as you install it.
If your weight is above 80 kgs, it will not affect the speed of the scooter. The scooter accelerates very fast, depending on the speed you choose, irrespective of the rider’s weight. You can select any speed from the three modes of speed: 15km/he, 20 km/hr, and 25km/hr.
The plus point is that it has a waterproof rating and other safety measures like engine safety control system and the battery overload protection system.
Kugoo commuter electric scooter for adults
As the title suggests, it is designed for adults keeping in mind all their necessities. The main thing that adults need is comfort in driving, and this scooter provides all that stuff. You can choose any height form 3 available heights of 930mm, 1070mm, and 1160mm, according to your needs.
The same is for the speed. You get three options for speed that are: 9.32 mph, 15.53 mph, and 21.75 mph. Select any speed depending on your weight and local laws and regulations.
The average travel range you can get is 30 km, though it depends on many other factors like road type, weight, and scooter speed. There are front and rear shock absorbers and rear disc brakes for the quick response in an emergency.
You can stay satisfied with the battery as it needs to be charged only once in 3 days with a travel distance of 2-3 miles daily. You can enjoy the comfortable ride even on bumpy roads due to the presence of pneumatic tires.
Grundig electric scooter
If you are looking for a stylish and simple scooter but unique simultaneously, this scooter is made for you. Its eye-catching design made of high quality and safe aircraft-grade aluminum gives it higher strength and low air density. This ensures a comfortable ride experience.
It has three brake systems, which is something different from all other electric scooters. This system includes an E-ABS disc brake, foot friction rear brake on the back wheel, and disc brake on the handlebar, making the brake respond very quickly and increasing the rider’s safety.
Are you worried about the scooter being stolen when you leave it to get charged? Then this scooter ends your worry by providing a detachable battery system. You can charge your battery after detaching it and park your cycle in a safer place. For emergency use, you can keep a second battery ready when the first one is dead.
The key feature is the ultra-bright LED headlight, sidelight, and rear lights. Sidelight increases visibility when they are irradiated. Rear light keeps the vehicle warm when you break, and headlight increases the visibility on the dark road.
Though it is waterproof, it is still not advised to ride in heavy rains. If water enters the motor, it will not work.
Kugoo KIRIN M4 electric scooter
There are always times when you get late for work. Speed is the only thing you need at those times. This is what this scooter is known for. It gives you a higher speed in comparison to other scooters. The three modes of speeds are 15km/hr, 30km/hr, and 45km/hr. Are you noticing the increase in speed range?
You can choose any of the three modes of speed that can be controlled using a key according to the road surface conditions. Higher speed increases the need for a good brake system for emergency purposes, so you get a dual brake system.
The additional feature for security is the 10-inch anti-skid tire. This gives a firm grip, safety.
You can check all the scooter information like speed, power, mileage, stop, time, voltage, etc., on display LED screen. The front LED light is present for traveling at night, and a safety warning tail light is present.
For easy portability, you get a foldable handle. You can adjust the height of the handle anytime according to your needs.
Xiaomi electric scooter
One of the most trusted brands, Xiaomi, has a uniquely designed electric scooter. Its primary focus is to make the design look good and ride feel good. Installation is simple, and folding-unfolding is quicker. The red design makes it look more elegant. It is just a 3-step process. Lower down the lever to fold, and a bolt-on rear wheel catches the skateboard ringer. This ensures easy portability to be carried anywhere you want or stored in any place, even your car trunk.
The frame is made up of aerospace aluminum. This lowers the weight of the scooter body to only 12.5 kg and provides excellent structural strength. You can check the buying guide where the most comfortable carrying weight is given as 12.5 kg.
Additional features are thermal conductivity and resistance to corrosion that enhances its durability. Thus, it is an excellent choice in terms of transportation due to the lightweight and optimum size.
Xiaomi M365 electric scooter
As mentioned above, these Mi scooters are known for their reliability and quality. These scooters are undoubtedly durable, reliable, and come with two years of warranty. The battery life is long enough to run for 18.6 miles on just one charge. For complete recharging, it takes 5 hours. The unique thing is that it converts and stores kinetic energy during acceleration into power, so it will charge while in use.
For shock absorption and anti-slip treads, 8.5-inches tires (both front and rear) are air-filled. The maximum speed is 25km/hr, and the net weight is 12.5 kg. So it can be carried easily and stored anywhere you want.
For comfortable night driving, you get ultra-bright front headlights. These lights are of 1.1 W power with a range of 6 meters. The Aluminum-made frame ensures low density and high structural strength.
For added safety, you get two brakes: electrical braking and physical braking. You get a built-in display screen to see all the scooter-related information. Moreover, you can download the app and connect it via Bluetooth with the scooter to see stats like speed, cruise control, battery, etc.
So now you know about a few best electric scooters to choose from. Each scooter has its benefits. The thing to ponder before getting started on purchasing a one is to realize what you are looking for. Once any of the scooters mentioned above matches your needs, you are good to go. With the upcoming upgraded technology, electric scooters and its infrastructure are also upgraded, so you don’t need to doubt your decision to buy one.